Why Join DEAPA?
As a physician assistant, you are a skilled professional who came to the profession to make a difference to those in need. To be the best in your profession requires advocacy, the most up-to-date information and research, and the highest-quality resources available to PAs. Your DEAPA membership can provide you with all of these resources, to not only help you fulfill your personal career goals, but to ultimately help you make a difference in the community, at large. As a member of DEAPA you are eligible for valuable benefits including:
Continuing Medical Education (CME) is an integral part of becoming and staying a licensed physician assistant. DEAPA continually assesses the CME market to bring you the latest ground-breaking CME resources. Attending the Annual Winter Conference provides you with approximately 20 sessions of CME offerings.
DEAPA membership offers numerous opportunities to network with leaders of the PA profession and colleagues at special events and meetings throughout the year. Stay an informed and cutting-edge provider by taking advantage of the many valuable publications DEAPA offers to you free with membership. DEAPA recently launched the "Downeast Association of Physician Assistants" page on Facebook to provide a social networking channel to PAs and students.
Job Listing service on our website that offers frequent updates!
And that is not all …
- DEAPA is recognized by all the major organized professional medical and health care groups as the only representative of the PA profession in our state.
- DEAPA has representation in the AAPA House of Delegates.
- DEAPA supports legislation affecting PAs while monitoring and interacting with major health care organizations.
- Through its annual Profession Awards, DEAPA recognizes outstanding PAs as well as physicians.
- DEAPA publishes a quarterly newsletter as well as a weekly E-News Brief with member input and educational practice updates.
- DEAPA maintains liaisons with the University of New England PA Program, Maine Board of Licensure in Medicine, the Maine Osteopathic Association, and the Maine Medical Association.
Without your help as a member of DEAPA, and without volunteer leaders, DEAPA will not be able to improve the PA profession here in Maine, and protect the future of our profession. Joining DEAPA is just that important.